Assists in providing direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students participating in all school age childcare programs.
- Assists all children in the areas of reading, writing, and math during designated homework times and/or the school day.
- Positively interact and supervise all children at site
- Assist coordinator or supervisor in facilitating planned curriculum for children
- Assist coordinator or supervisor with any tasks he/she may need
- Communicate daily with coordinator or supervisor
- Pleasantly interact with parents, school staff, and children
- Ensure that program goals are being met with excellence in all aspects of program
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
ADVANCING OUR MISSION & CAUSE
provide visionary leadership to the organization and to ensure that all resources are mobilized to adapt to new challenges and needs in the community
connect people to the Y’s cause by developing inclusive relationships, partnerships and collaborations so that Ys can co-create solutions to pressing social needs
ensure relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of the organization so that we can continue to fulfill our promise to the community
DEVELOPING & INSPIRING PEOPLE
support the holistic development of self and others so that everyone can embrace the Y’s cause, sustain the Y’s culture, and inspire others to take individual and collective action to further our impact
YMCA OF PORTAGE TOWNSHIP, INC.
3100 WILLOWCREEK RD.
PORTAGE, IN 46368
YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SACC SUPPORT – PORTAGE TOWNSHIP YMCA
- At least 18 years of age
- Previous professional experience as child caregiver preferred
- Basic Knowledge of eLearning & virtual classroom technology
- High school diploma or higher
- iLead Training (Child Abuse, Health & Safety Orientations: Modules 1-4)
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Company Trainings including Bloodborne Pathogens
- Praesidium Trainings
- CPR / AED / 1st AID Annually
- TB Test Annually
- Adult Health Physical Exam (not more than 3 months before date of hire)
- Drug Screen
- Federal Fingerprint and OESCL Background Check
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in all programs.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a child if necessary.
- Ability to plan, instruct and participate in activities with participants.
Monday through Friday
6am to Noon and Noon to 6p