Group Exercise Instructors are responsible for instructing group exercise classes and providing excellent customer service that creates a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Group Exercise Instructor should use their expertise in exercise programing to develop and demonstrate appropriate and effective class routines
- Plans and leads group exercise classes in line with the class description and difficulty level with energy, proper cueing, and the ability to offer modifications to meet members’ needs.
- Sets up all class equipment prior to class and store all equipment neatly and securely after class.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the group exercise areas and equipment.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records; completes required documentation in a timely fashion.
- Proactively assists members, guests, and program participants to support them in achieving their wellness related goals.
- Creates a safe and secure environment in the wellness centers for all members, guests, and visitors in which all individuals feel welcomed and respected.
- Builds respectful and meaningful relationships with members, clients, staff, program participants, donors, board members, volunteers, etc. and intentionally connects members and program participants to one another, to staff, and to YMCA programs and services that fit their needs.
- Communicates professionally and appropriately with all individuals in person, on the phone, and electronically; actively applies Listen First skills regularly in all interactions.
- Strives to provide a sustained positive impact for individuals through the Group Exercise program.
- Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants while displaying empathy and support that builds confidence to achieve their health and well-being goals.
- Familiar with risk factors associated with chronic disease and social determinants of health and understands different health needs in order to adjust activities and programs to serve all.
- Understands and aligns delivery of Healthy Living programs to program goals and objectives.
- Helps to create new approaches to serve Healthy Living needs of members and program participants.
- Maintains regular and predictable availability, schedule, and attendance; Seeks approval from the Healthy Living Director for absences or changes in availability/schedules.
- Enforces YMCA and departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
- Appropriately documents and notifies the Director of Healthy Living immediately of all incidents, accidents, injuries, unsafe conditions, needed repairs, member complaints/suggestions, etc.
- Responds to and reports emergency situations as outlined in employee manual.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintains current certifications and a working knowledge of wellness topics, choreography, and fitness trends to provide instruction and information and support to members.
- Receives and carries out all instructions, special projects, and other duties as assigned by the Healthy Living Director.
- Understands that a Saturday class will be in my work schedule, depending on the number of group ex instructors in a rotation ie 12 instructors I will teach on a Saturday every 12th week.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values.
- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
- Supports fund-raising.
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. ? Builds rapport and relates well to others.
- Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations.
- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. ? Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
- Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
- Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
- Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well.
- Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Nationally recognized Group Exercise Instructor certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, or NASM preferred) or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Certification
- Previous group exercise related experience (at least 1 year strongly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or currently pursuing degree in a related field (preferred)
- Required Trainings (within 60 days of hire): New Employee Orientation (provided); Child Abuse Detection and Prevention (provided); CPR, AED and First Aid Certification (provided); YUSA Healthy Lifestyles Principles ($); YMCA Listen First Training (provided); YMCA Creating the Member Experience Training (provided); Must keep all certifications current throughout employment
- Ability to talk, see and hear.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 45lbs. as required.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity that may include standing, climbing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, and all activities involved in teaching group exercise classes. ? Approved YMCA staff attire.
Hours are dependent on the need of the YMCA.